bossley

Dry Tongue

Rate this topic

Does anybody get a dry tongue, What's that all about. Only feels better drinking fizzy bev. Then feels dry again.

Does anybody get a dry tongue, What's that all about. Only feels better drinking fizzy bev. Then feels dry again.

Try some water and a good gluten free diet. You absorb 70% of the needed fluid intake in your small intestines.

DRINK WATER. :)

Try some water and a good gluten free diet. You absorb 70% of the needed fluid intake in your small intestines.

DRINK WATER. :)

I drink 64 oz of water daily, Plus other drinks. It can't be dehydration. Ya think? Or is that a gluten thing too.

Malabsorption means you can be dehydrated no matter how much you drink precisely because you are not absorbing. I had this for quite a while when I first went gluten free. I was swollen from water retention but my mouth was dry even though I was drinking. If it is Celiac, it can definitely be malabsorption of fluids. But the longer you are gluten free it will get better and resolve itself when you are absorbing better. Drink water.

Malabsorption means you can be dehydrated no matter how much you drink precisely because you are not absorbing. I had this for quite a while when I first went gluten free. I was swollen from water retention but my mouth was dry even though I was drinking. If it is Celiac, it can definitely be malabsorption of fluids. But the longer you are gluten free it will get better and resolve itself when you are absorbing better. Drink water.

So that is why I hold fluid and my face swells up when I have an attack, Malabsorption? I learn so much from you folks. Thanks

Yes, that very well could be the reason why you swell up. I do to if I get gluten. Another reason can be vitamin deficiencies, especially vitamins C and D. Vitamin C deficiency causes tissues to swell because it is needed to build collagen and forms the structural foundation of our bodies...the stuff that our tissues and cells are made of. They leak if they don't have what they need to build strong walls. Vitamin C plus protein is needed for healing....plus other vitamin and minerals...but check this out...

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/collagen.html

I know it's kind of old, but the information on collagen and vitamin C helps to understand why we get swelling when we are vitamin deficient and not absorbing properly from Celiac.

Here are some other vitamins that cause swelling.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/285964-vitamins-that-can-cause-swelling-or-water-retention/

Hope this helps. Take your vitamins and drink your water.

I just read these again after a long time...so I'm gonna squeeze a lemon in my water right now!