tctwhite

Allergy Testing

Rate this topic

Ok since my Dr botched my endoscopy and Ive been gluten free for a month now, I have decided to do food allergy testing. Have many of you been diagnosed this way? Will a good allergist diagnose you with celiac? I would really like a diagnosis but not enough to gluten challenge myself. If this doesn't work for a diagnosis, Im just going to throw in the towel with the professionals and keep doing what Im doing. I would just like to be able to say I have celiac diasease and therefore absolutely cannot have gluten at all. I know yall know what I mean with that. Im going Tuesday to have the testing done. Ive had seasonal allergy testing done, but never did I think I needed to do food. Im allergic to SO much that Im scared what will come back. I just hope I can eat still something after I have the testing done. Im sure I will have to have my allergy shots recalibrated and start all over again. It will be worth it though to have definitive proof.

Ok since my Dr botched my endoscopy and Ive been gluten free for a month now, I have decided to do food allergy testing. Have many of you been diagnosed this way? Will a good allergist diagnose you with celiac? I would really like a diagnosis but not enough to gluten challenge myself. If this doesn't work for a diagnosis, Im just going to throw in the towel with the professionals and keep doing what Im doing. I would just like to be able to say I have celiac diasease and therefore absolutely cannot have gluten at all. I know yall know what I mean with that. Im going Tuesday to have the testing done. Ive had seasonal allergy testing done, but never did I think I needed to do food. Im allergic to SO much that Im scared what will come back. I just hope I can eat still something after I have the testing done. Im sure I will have to have my allergy shots recalibrated and start all over again. It will be worth it though to have definitive proof.

I reacted to numerous environmental allergens when tested...but I had zero allergies to foods. Allergy testing doesn't show Celiac. It's a different kind of response that happens.

Ditto - I tested positive for a few environmental allergens, but no foods.

Allergy testing will not indicate Celiac Disease, nor Food Intolerance - there are a few foods that cause full anaphylaxis with me, yet I tested negative for allergy more than once by blood and skin.

It is a very good idea to be tested to find out if you are allergic -- but it will not aid in a Celiac Disease or Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance diagnosis.

Good Luck :)

Well, Im not allergic to any foods on the allergy test. They tested me for 80 different things. Which Im happy about. My allergist is more in the know about celiac than my internal Dr. :rolleyes: Figures. He knows that I have been gluten free for over 5 weeks now but still wanted to run the celiac panel just to see if maybe we could get a dx for me. He understands the not knowing and just guessing. He and I both know that its likely for my panel to come back negative but he just wanted to see. And since I pay nothing out of pocket for any kind of labwork, Im ok with that.