gfbrad

Gluten Free Toothpaste

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new here so I hope this is in the right forum.

I'm trying to find a toothpaste in the UK which is free from gluten and wheat.

Just found out the usual one I use (Arm & Hammer) is now with cross contamination of gluten (Made in UK version not the USA version)

Colgate have said avoid their toothpastes due to cross contamintion but didn't clearly state gluten or lactose.

Is there anyone who can advise on a safe toothpaste that's also free from sorbitol, aspartame, carrageenan, lactose & soy? (fat chance right!)

Thanks for your help.

I use soap to clean my teeth daily. I make my own soap and put in essential oils in an attempt to sooth my taste buds. It is very cleansing. I have a daughter that says she uses soap also part of the time. The dentists don't complain about her teeth when she uses the soap. If you don't make your own maybe how about a baking soda soap? Watch out for gluten though.

In the US Tom's toothpaste has atleast one gluten free kind my husband picked up. We can buy it at a natural food store.

i use Tom's toothpaste. it is all natural and gluten free. i really like it

I also like Tom's of Maine. One thing I like about them is they show the source of every ingredient they use on the box. Don't know if it is available where you are. Keep in mind also that just because an item doesn't say it is gluten free that doesn't always mean it isn't safe. It just means they don't test for gluten.