BabsV

The Comus Inn At Sugarloaf Mountain (Md)

Rate this topic

I was a guest at a wedding recently and the reception was the Comus Inn. The Chef was amazing --just wanted a list of my restrictions in advance, said she'd prepared gluten-free meals previously and no fuss was made about it. The server knew what table I was at, very discreetly asked which guest I was as she brought out the first course and always served me from the tray first. Best of all the Chef basically just adjusted the meal I received so it was pretty much the same as everyone else's -- gorgeous salad but I had oil/vinegar while the others had dressing already applied; steak with roasted potatoes and asparagus but no crab cake (no problem...never liked crab cakes anyway!); sorbet which I honestly didn't eat because I was stuffed at that point. Of course I didn't have cake but that was ok. Honestly, it felt like a 'normal' out to dinner experience: no long explanations, grilling on ingredients/preparation or people wondering why my plate contained different items. I felt great the next day except for being tired since I was up past my normal bedtime. 8-)

The location is gorgeous so if you are in the DC-area and want to go someplace for a 'special' dinner I would highly recommend it. I think the advance prep was key to having it all go smoothly so definitely call ahead.

http://www.thecomusinn.com/