Macbre

Standards For Gluten Free Labeling

Rate this topic

This is an e-mail I received from The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center:

Sign the petition asking the FDA for gluten-free standards now!

Last year, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials made a commitment to the celiac community that the gluten-free labeling rule would be completed by the end of the third quarter of 2012 (September 30).

That date has come and gone.

The FDA has already heard from us. It's time for higher officials to know the celiac community needs gluten-free labeling standards now.

The White House has provided us the opportunity to express our concerns through an open petition. Make sure your voice is heard!

Visit the WhiteHouse.gov "We the People" website to sign the petition. (Not sure why the link doesn't highlight & take you directly to it....it did in my email.)

According to the White House, if enough people sign the petition, it will be reviewed and administration officials will respond to the signers of the petition. In other words, we'll have their attention. We need at least 25,000 signatures by November 2nd.

Anyone age 13 and over can sign the petition. In order to sign, users must create an account at WhiteHouse.gov and verify their email address. It's quick and easy.

Please sign the petition today!

Sincerely,

Carol Shilson

Executive Director

The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I'm Canadian and can't sign it, which means one of my American brethren will have to do it for me, because if there are good regulations in the US, it'll be easier for us too.

Peg

Here's the post where it was discussed a few days ago.

Signed, and shared on Facebook.