Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mambrady

At-Home Dna Testing For Celiac

Has anyone heard of this DNA test kit for celiac, and do you know anything about it? http://glutenfreehelp.info/autoimmune-disorders/home-genetic-testing-for-celiac-disease/

I've seen a few different references to it now in my researching. It's supposed to be more thorough and 100% accurate. My alpha-gliadin IgA gluten test came back high and I just read on an article in this site that this test is 97% accurate for diagnosing celiac disease (and not just gluten sensitivity); is that correct? I have several autoimmune conditions and definitely react negatively to gluten with bloating, stomach pain and discomfort and arthritis very soon after eating it. I thought I had gluten sensitivity and have stayed away from it but am not ultra-diligent. However, after reading that, I'm wondering if I should take it more seriously and be more careful at restaurants, with cross-contamination, etc. I want to keep my autoimmune reactions as well controlled as possible.

Thank you!! :)

I would think that if your alpha-gliadin IgA gluten test came back high, then your doctor would order further testing.

The forum won't let me say. They say this company spammed them. But I did have a good experience, so I don't quite understand it. I tried to PM you, but it showed up back in my own box. ?

Thank you Diana, I PM-ed you back but had a few difficulties; did you get it?