Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No replies? I'm surprised. Maybe there's no answer and both are acceptable? But if so it seems to me that would cause even more confusion since so much confusion already exists about the difference between intolerance, allergy, sensitivity. Can anyone offer any feedback? Thanks.

So far as I know the two terms have been used interchangeably up till now, but there seems to be a growing preference for sensitivity rather than intolerance.

So far as I know the two terms have been used interchangeably up till now, but there seems to be a growing preference for sensitivity rather than intolerance.

Thanks Mushroom. My doctor called it 'probable non-celiac gluten sensitivity' so I guess that's it then. Well, it's good to finally have a diagnosis.

I realize you're asking what the medical community is leaning toward, but just had to say it...

Personally, I prefer "intolerance," because that's what my reaction is!

"Sensitive" sounds as if gluten is merely annoying and I should just woman up and get over it. :P

I realize you're asking what the medical community is leaning toward, but just had to say it...

Personally, I prefer "intolerance," because that's what my reaction is!

"Sensitive" sounds as if gluten is merely annoying and I should just woman up and get over it. :P

On the other hand, "intolerance" has some not-so-nice connotations too :P

On the other hand, "intolerance" has some not-so-nice connotations too :P

I know! Funny thing is, I am exceptionally tolerant in the rest of life. I should say gluten and wheat are intolerant of me!!