16 replies to this topic

#16 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:14 AM

How was your experience as you also appear to have progressed from gluten to various others? Was this just a case of finding foods that you had long standing issues with or was it something that evolved through the healing from being gluten free and perhaps not managing your diet well enough.

The soy was immediate. I used to be able to eat non-GMO corn (in New Zealand), but then even that became a problem. I stopped nightshades because of their inflammatory effect and my arthritis, and then reacted violently when I tried to reintroduce (tomatoes), but once I stopped potato starchl I realized that an itching I had had on my shoulders ever since gluten free had gone away. The citrus was brought on by over-consumption, and the legumes happened just recently although I had been unconsciously avoiding dried beans for a while.

So I don't think I will ever eat soy or corn. I am not sure about any of the others - possibly potatoes will continue to be a problem. I expect to get back citrus and hope to get back most legumes.

I have just consulted a certified nutritionist who is helping me heal my gut (after 2-1/2 yrs it is still not healed) and she wants me to wait another year before I challenge anything.
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 lilnikki425

lilnikki425

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

I have several other intolerances as well. Right now I'm doing the elimination diet. I don't seem to have a problem with tomatoes, but potatoes I think are an issue for me. I can eat red pepper just fine too, so I'm kind of at a loss. 

Things I don't eat:

corn

soy

dairy

meat of any kind

beans (right now- would love to add back in at least chickpeas)

Things I know I can eat

tomatoes

red pepper

yellow onion

romaine

kale 

banana

green apple

dates

zucchini

cucumber

Had potato last night and an 1/8cup of walnuts and I currently smell like I'm rotting from the inside (very bad gas). Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. I don't mean to hijack this post but I'm also having this same problem. Maybe one of you can help me. 

Thanks,

Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: