Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pop Tarts (Gluten-Free)
- Sift together:
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cup white rice flour
¼ cup garfava bean flour
¾ cup +2 tablespoons gluten-free margarine
- Cut margarine into flour mixture with a pastry blender until well blended.
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Gradually add while mixing enough cold water to form a ball.
- Flour (rice) a board or wax paper well.
- Divide dough in half, form two balls Flour top of one ball and roll out dough (Keep dusting top with flour as you roll out).
- For Pop Tarts
- Apply 2 tablespoons gluten-free pie filling or 100% fruit spread to one piece.
- Place 2nd piece on top and seal the edges by running a moistened finger around edge and lightly crimping.
- Prick the top with a fork.
- Bake at 350F on Cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- When cool drizzle with 10x sugar or GFCF icing.
- Same dough can be used for pie crust and top in normal fashion. Top dough should roll up on rolling pin fairly easily without cracking! Bake them and freeze with wax paper between then toast in toaster to serve.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Holiday Pumpkin Pie (Gluten-Free)
Holidays and pumpkin pie go together like Santa and reindeer.... [READ MORE]
Fresh Strawberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
Fresh strawberry pie always reminds me of summer.... [READ MORE]
Strawberry Pie (Gluten-free, Dairy-Free & Egg-Free)
Pie Ingredients:2 ½ cups coarsely chopped strawberries (or 2 cups strawberries + ½ cup blueberries)¼ cup sliced strawberries1 cup chopped, dried dates or figs1 ½ bananas, ripe and mashed2 Tbs.... [READ MORE]
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from ‘Sweetfudge” in the Gluten-Free
Forum.... [READ MORE]
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity