Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Parents, Friends and Loved Ones of Celiacs

83 83

Discussions among parents of kids or babies with CD. Non-celiacs can discuss their experiences dealing with a friend or loved one with the disease.

7,126 topics in this forum

1. Daughter Just Diagnosed

• 4 replies
83 83

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A15-m):

• Forum Discussions

You would need to be on gluten (1-2 slices of wheat bread per day, or  the equivalent) for 8 weeks before blood antibody tests are done and at least 2 weeks before an endoscopy/biopsy is done. Otherwise, the tests will likely be rendered invalid. Having the genes does not guarantee that someone will develop celiac disease. It only addresses the potential for it. There also needs to be a stress ...
    This has happened to me. (I am in process of diagnosis) I am active, fit, etc, and at 47, had to wear a heart monitoring device for ten days. Heart is fine, no other explanation was ever found. Because of the vertigo, which sometimes struck while I was driving, I no longer drive on the interstate at all, preferring  smaller roads where I can pull over if needed. Just that alone has been a massive ...
    Hi all,  New here. Been gluten-free for 2-3 years now due to chronic diarrhea. Was always diagnosed as IBS. Made the choice to go gluten-free on my own, and lo and behold, within a few days, there was dramatic improvement with that symptom. Then eventually, the joint pain that the drs thought was rheumatoid arthritis went away, my eyes stopped burning, my anxiety went away, etc... My GP, who...