This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Enjoy Life Products

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

Before I drive 100 miles each way, I am wondering if it would be worth the trip for Enjoy Life products.  I have tried the rice milk chocolate bars and really loved those.  I am wondering about the Plentils and some of the cookies and bars.  Are these good and worth the drive?

Any specific ones that you like?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I like the chips. I use them to bake. That's about it. (just being honest!) the cookies just did not thrill me. 

Ninja Contributor

The plentils are very very good. I also liked the crunchy cookies, but not the soft ones. I also like their gluten and oat free granola (cinnamon raisin). And the chocolate, of course... :) Have fun!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Um, that's a whole lotta gas money! There are SO many websites that sell these products,

maybe go mail order before you make a 4 hour trip?

GFreeMO Proficient

I ended up driving to get some Enjoy Life products and I am glad that I did.  I will mail order next time but I wanted to make sure that I liked them well enough.  I bought Plentils and they are very very good.  I also got a box of chocolate chip cookies and I really like those too.  I think they are keepers.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Their chocolate chips are the best, in my opinion!

GFreeMO Proficient

I'm ok with the chocolate I think but something in either the Plentils or the cookies is causing a reaction.  

Glad I didnt buy a bunch of products.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I'm ok with the chocolate I think but something in either the Plentils or the cookies is causing a reaction.  

Glad I didnt buy a bunch of products.  

I have tried a couple of brands of lentil chips.  Every one leaves me feeling blechy!  I don't think its gluten, just the lentils?  Flavorings?  Sometimes cheese flavorings on chips bug me.  Real dried cheese doesn't.

GFreeMO Proficient

I don't think it's gluten either but something made me feel like crap in one of those products.  Oh well.  They were really expensive for what you get.  

The cookies have date paste in them and I have a problem with grapes and raisins so I think dates are in the same family...not sure really but the hubby can eat them....he'll eat anything.    :)

kareng Grand Master

I don't think it's gluten either but something made me feel like crap in one of those products.  Oh well.  They were really expensive for what you get.  

The cookies have date paste in them and I have a problem with grapes and raisins so I think dates are in the same family...not sure really but the hubby can eat them....he'll eat anything.     :)

I didn't like those cookies.  They tasted like dates to me, not a chocolate cookie.

Ninja Contributor

The cookies have bothered me too - I seem to be ok with one every once in awhile but any more frequently than that and I feel crappy. They are good though, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Zackery Brian
    Newest Member
    Zackery Brian
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Fluka66
      Thank you very much for your reply. I hadn't heard of celiac disease but began to notice a pattern of pain. I've been on the floor more than once with agonising pain but this was always put down to another abdominal problem consequently I've been on a roundabout of backwards and forwards with another consultant for many years. I originally questioned this diagnosis but was assured it was the reason for my pain. Many years later the consultant gave up and I had a new GP. I started to cut out certain food types ,reading packets then really started to cut out wheat and went lactose free. After a month I reintroduced these in one meal and ended screaming in agony the tearing and bloating pain. With this info and a swollen lymph node in my neck I went back to the GP.  I have a referral now . I have also found out that acidic food is causing the terrible pain . My thoughts are this is irritating any ulcers. I'm hoping that after a decade the outlook isn't all bad. My blood test came back with a high marker but I didn't catch what it was. My GP and I have agreed that I won't go back on wheat just for the test due to the pain , my swollen lymph node and blood test results.  Trying to remain calm for the referral and perhaps needed to be more forceful all those years ago but I'm not assertive and consultants can be overwhelming. Many thanks for your reply . Wishing you all the best.
    • Moodiefoodie
      Wow! Fascinating info. Thanks so much! I really appreciate the guidance. @Spacepanther Over the years I have had rheumatologists do full lab work ups on me. They told me they had screened me for arthritis, lupus, and Lyme disease (all negative). In addition to joint pain and stiffness I had swelling in both knees that later moved to my elbow as well.  I also experience stiffness and pain in my neck and shoulders when it flares. I vomited fairly often growing up, but there wasn’t a real pattern to it and I didn’t know it wasn’t normal (thought people caught stomach viruses often).  I don’t usually have stomach symptoms immediately after eating gluten that I notice.  The only other joint condition I know of is fibromyalgia. Good luck! Hope you can get it figured out. I only assumed my joint symptoms were due to the celiac’s because it is under control for the most part on a gluten-free diet.  The rheumatologist also mentioned that some inflammatory/autoimmune diseases can be slow-moving and not detectable until they progress.
    • knitty kitty
      @Spacepanther, I found these articles about the connection between Celiac and joint pain. Musculoskeletal Complications of Celiac Disease: A Case-Based Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10201087/ And   Intestinal microbiome composition and its relation to joint pain and inflammation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6814863/ And The gut microbiome-joint connection: implications in osteoarthritis https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6903327/ Sounds like it's time to change the diet to change the microbiome.
    • knitty kitty
      @Shireen32,  Take some deep breaths.  Your labs are fine!  Your tTg IgA is so low!  Well done!  Your endomysial IgA is fine.  There's not a level on the endomysial test.  It's just "yes or no" for if you have celiac disease.   No, it's too early to call it refractory. What are you eating?  Please tell us more than meat and veg. Do you consume dairy? Do you consume processed gluten free foods?   Are you taking any prescription medications, herbal supplements, vitamins and minerals?  
    • Spacepanther
      thank you knitty kitty I don't have a vitamin deficiency and I supplement omegas.  Are there other more mild symptoms that co-occur with your joint pain as well @Moodiefoodie? I am suspicious my own joint pain could be related to another autoimmune issue. I am wondering if it is Crohn's or something similar because I've continued to experience some issues despite having normal celiac antibody levels. What have you considered?