Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bekkaz

How Long Before You Get Sick, After Eating A Reacting Food?

Curious, when you react to something how long does it take for you to be sick.  I am asking specifically for people who get diarrhea as a  symptoms.  I am very very sick this morning, my reactions don’t seem to be always happening right away.  It seems to me the next day that I am very sick.  I meet with GI Dr. again on Wed. I hope they can help me, figure out what is going on.  I am scared that I could have Chron’s disease I think a colonoscopy is in my very near future.  I have already had an endoscopy and my gallbladder removed in Jan. here we go again.

Curious, when you react to something how long does it take for you to be sick.  I am asking specifically for people who get diarrhea as a  symptoms.  I am very very sick this morning, my reactions don’t seem to be always happening right away.  It seems to me the next day that I am very sick.  I meet with GI Dr. again on Wed. I hope they can help me, figure out what is going on.  I am scared that I could have Chron’s disease I think a colonoscopy is in my very near future.  I have already had an endoscopy and my gallbladder removed in Jan. here we go again.

The same thing happens to my stepbrother.He's celiac and sensitive to lactose, so if he eats either he normally is woken up the next morning with D. He doesn't notice he's accidentally eaten something he shouldn't right away. But also I know people who start to feel off about an hour after they eat gluten. I think it depends on the person! I'm sure you and your GI can figure out what's going on! Good luck and I hope you start feeling better :)

For me, it depends on what it is, honestly. Some things I can tell within 15 minutes because I start blowing up and others I will get slammed with the next day.

I usually feel like something is just "off" in the world starting within half an hour, the next day is filled with the worst smelling farts, then about 40-50 hours after glutening it all comes rushing out and that's the sign that I can start moving on with my life after eating tons of yogurt and drinking lots of water. It makes it difficult to know what the source of gluten was but it's a predictable cycle.