Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

learning2cope

Celiac Bloodwork Results Back, What Do They Mean?

Gliadin AB (IGA) 4 units (normal is 0-19)

Gliadin AB (IGG) 2 units (normal is 0-19)

IGA 147 units (normal is 91-414)

Transglutam AB IGA <2 U/mL (normal is 0-3)

Transglutam AB IGG 2 U/mL (normal is 0-5)

Here are my serum results. My doctor didn't notate my online account so I have no idea what these mean, if anything. Please someone help me figure this out. I am trying to figure out if I indeed do have celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. I do have an appointment with my dermatologist to see if I can get a skin biopsy to confirm or deny DH. I don't know how to read these results. Please advise. Thank you. :)

Gliadin AB (IGA) 4 units (normal is 0-19)

Gliadin AB (IGG) 2 units (normal is 0-19)

IGA 147 units (normal is 91-414)

Transglutam AB IGA <2 U/mL (normal is 0-3)

Transglutam AB IGG 2 U/mL (normal is 0-5)

All were normal or negative. 

The IGA of 147 is Total Serum IgA - yours is within the "normal" range.

The two Gliadin AB are sometimes called AGA -- most doctors now use the more sensitive Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) - both IgA and IgG - if you have more blood drawn you may want to ask for DGPs before removing gluten.

The two Transglutam AB are often called tTG - again both the IgA and IgG versions were run and are in normal range.

Thank you Gottaski. How likely is it I still have celiac even since those blood tests are negative? I will try to get my skin biopsied later this week at my dermatologist appointment to see if I have DH. I'm not relying solely on this bloodwork to determine if I go gluten-free or not. But my family is going to go gluten free for a number of months just to see if our weight improves along with many other health issues improve.