Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiacmama83

Help Me Understand My Results, My Doctor Said I Have Celiac And Didn't Explain My Results

Here are my results

Deamidated Glaidin AB IgG - < 0.4 Normal

Deamidated Gliaidin AB IgA- 18.0 High

Anti-Human Tiss Transglut IGA -0.5 Normal

Anti-Endomysial Iga Ifa- Negative

Total Iga by Neph- 127

I did not have the biopsy, she said to start eating gluten-free and come back in a month if I don't feel better :/

Well now you know!! I felt better just knowing!! I don't know about the test results sorry!! But I am sure someone will chime in! 

The DGP IgA is a very good test for detecting celiac disease. It is very specific to celiac (meaning very few other things can cause a positive test besides celiac disease). This report, on pages 11 and12 discus the tests: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_Celiac%20Disease_long_FINAL.pdf

Very few celiacs are positive on all tests, that's why they run so many. The total IgA is a control test to makes sure the other IgA based tests will be valid.

Give yourself longer than a month to feel better. Many ofus felt worse before we felt better. It can take a few months to years for some symptoms to go. Patience is important, but I do hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to the board.

The DGP IgA is a very good test for detecting celiac disease. It is very specific to celiac (meaning very few other things can cause a positive test besides celiac disease). This report, on pages 11 and12 discus the tests: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_Celiac%20Disease_long_FINAL.pdf

Very few celiacs are positive on all tests, that's why they run so many. The total IgA is a control test to makes sure the other IgA based tests will be valid.

Give yourself longer than a month to feel better. Many ofus felt worse before we felt better. It can take a few months to years for some symptoms to go. Patience is important, but I do hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you so much!!! I'm happy I found this group :)

Well now you know!! I felt better just knowing!! I don't know about the test results sorry!! But I am sure someone will chime in! 

Thank you :)