Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seraphim

Let's Talk Candida!

Okay so I'm in the process of getting TONS of blood tests and now parasite testing as well. I'm curious about candida. What sort of test do you have to ask for? Will a normal GP test for it? Since last summer..AFTER going gluten free..I don't know if I got glutened or if it was the milk i was still drinking..or salicylates...WHATEVER..but lots of mucus came out in the toilet. Could this have actually been candida? Looking at every angle as I've been very sick and now's the time to test obviously.

NO.

That is not what candida is. 

Candida albicans is a yeast infection and if you had it, you'd know, believe me.

It is OBVIOUS with white, itchy patches on your genitals and in your mouth.

I have never had it (thank God! ) but I have seen pictures on medical sites and one friend has suffered from it

and she explained it to me (and I saw her mouth). Nasty business that needs to be treated to be eradicated.

I doubt you have that.

Ah ok then I guess I was either glutened on something else irritated my bowels. I guess I can cross that out for now! Also wondering about SIBO...That's not the same thing right? Candida is a fungus correct? Not bacteria?