Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Alkaline Phosphatase Level And Borderline Levels

My Dr ordered a bunch of bloodwork to check my nutrition and vitamin levels. Results are slowly coming back but still waiting for some more. So far my Alkaline phosphatase is pretty low. Anything under 30 is low and mine is 24. A few other levels are borderline:

Ferritin 22 (borderline low)

RBC 3.97 (borderline low)

Potassium 3.8 (borderline)

And vit b12 is 482 but it says its normal

Anyone familiar with low Alkaline phosphatase?

My Dr ordered a bunch of bloodwork to check my nutrition and vitamin levels. Results are slowly coming back but still waiting for some more. So far my Alkaline phosphatase is pretty low. Anything under 30 is low and mine is 24. A few other levels are borderline:

Ferritin 22 (borderline low)

RBC 3.97 (borderline low)

Potassium 3.8 (borderline)

And vit b12 is 482 but it says its normal

Anyone familiar with low Alkaline phosphatase?

Hi there,

I am in the testing phase right now too.  My blood work has all been pretty normal except my eosinophils are really high.  The only other thing back through my labs for the past 10 years is that my alkaline phosphatase has dropped down and now is a little over 30 (used to be in the 80s).  Most of what I read is that only high levels are considered problematic but a few places said a low number could mean you are not absorbing nutrients as well as you should.

Have you gotten an answer from your doctor yet??

I am in the middle of a gluten challenge until my colonoscopy/endoscopy in 2 more weeks.

Good luck!

Low alkaline phosphates is common in scurvy, which I doubt you have! You may just need more vit c

It can also mean low b6, folc acid, or thyroid issues. It can also mean too much vit d, or malnutrition

As therevarevso many possibilities, I'd go back to your doc when you get all your results andgetnhim/her to go through them and help you akebsurevyou are getting all the vitamins and minerals you need