Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenchick22

Negative Blood Test - Now What?

I posted several days ago with my symptoms.  Called today and turns out the test was negative.  The doctor (integrative) recommends I go gluten-free for at least 1-2 months to see if I have Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance.  My question is - should I push for a biopsy instead?  It would be really nice to have an official diagnosis, but then again I don't wait to feel crappy for a few more weeks when I could start going gluten-free tomorrow if I pass on the biopsy!  Any thoughts??  

I would suggest getting a copy of your test results, so you can see them for yourself.  You can post them on here too for others to look over.

I posted several days ago with my symptoms.  Called today and turns out the test was negative.  The doctor (integrative) recommends I go gluten-free for at least 1-2 months to see if I have Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance.  My question is - should I push for a biopsy instead?  It would be really nice to have an official diagnosis, but then again I don't wait to feel crappy for a few more weeks when I could start going gluten-free tomorrow if I pass on the biopsy!  Any thoughts??  

I'm in the same situation. All symptoms point to celiac, even my GI doc says that. He told me the same- gluten free for a month and if I feel better stick with it. He said, and I'm quoting him, "celiac disease can be very hard to diagnose, even if all tests are normal" I know how you feel, I too wish I had a more concrete diagnosis. But for now the assumption is I have it.