Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~**caselynn**~

Glutened, Nightmares, Insomnia Oh My!

I got "glutened" in the last few days, usual symptoms but something new.....I can't sleep, and when I do it's disrupted by nightmares, sleep walking and a creepy crawly feeling. I've woken up sleep walking in the last couple days, wake up disturbed with nightmares, and then can't get back to sleep--I'll be wide awake for hours, like I've had mass amounts of caffeine at midnight! Going on day 4 with this, any ideas??? I'm exhausted all day, my body won't relax, this is all VERY new to me!! Help!

Sorry to hear you had such a rough go!  The nightmares are new for me (although most symptoms are -- only 6 months since going gluten-free), but that has become the first sign of a glutening for me.  So you're not alone on that issue.  No sleepwalking for me, at least that has been reported...  Hope you flush it out quickly!

Cathy

3+ years and every so often I have a dream where I am being offered something gluteny or glutened.  Not as often as in the beginning tho!

Wow...thank you so much for starting this thread!!! I had never thought about gluten being connected to my sleep issues. I was 99% sure I had nightmare disorder (i.e. sleep anxiety disorder) because I've suffered horrendous dreams my whole life, especially when I was younger and undiagnosed. Since being diagnosed Celiac (9 years ago), I never thought to analyze my sleep with potential for trace/accidental gluten intake (I am strictly gluten-free, highly symptomatic). I am going to see if I can link my nightmares to eating out...the highest chance of eating trace gluten for me. Obviously, stress still causes me to have horrible sleep, but maybe gluten is a factor too...or maybe gluten even contributes to my anxiety and stress!