Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ktc

Tested 7 Years Ago, Possibly Positive

Hello. I'm new here. I'll explain a little of my story, but first a specific question: has Mayo lab changed their reference range for the tTG IgA test in the past 7 years? I had that test (no other celiac tests) 7 years ago. I was told at the time it was negative, but I just ordered copies of previous lab work for a different reason (autoimmune thyroid disease) and saw that the value on the tTG test was 6.9. It says the reference range is <20 is negative, but I recalled an acquaintance being told she had a "weak positive". I looked up the Mayo lab reference range, and it says 4-9 is a weak positive. Any info on how to interpret this result would be very helpful. Thanks!

For background: I'm 34, female, currently gluten and dairy free and feeling good, IBS symptoms since childhood, autoimmune thyroid disease, horrible seasonal and animal allergies and also have a few food allergies.

Referance ranges vary between labs...that is why it is important to include ranges when discussing any lab work. The test you posted was indeed negative. Do you know if you had a Total Serum IgA test? This test measures the amount of IgA to see if you have enough to make the IgA based antibody tests (tTG, DGP, AGA) valid.

How long have you been gluten-free?