1desperateladysaved

Is There Such A Thing As Low Igg?

Rate this topic

I have heard that low IgA can void the test results for gluten antibody.  The alternate or the test that works together with it looks for IgG antibioties.  I am wondering if this can also be lacking in our bodies? 

If you have the same question, let me know, or stay tuned.  I am going to ask the nurse about this tomorrow.  If you know the answer, let me know!

D

I have heard that low IgA can void the test results for gluten antibody.  The alternate or the test that works together with it looks for IgG antibioties.  I am wondering if this can also be lacking in our bodies? 

If you have the same question, let me know, or stay tuned.  I am going to ask the nurse about this tomorrow.  If you know the answer, let me know!

D

I am on the same page.  I was screened for Celiac due to having a large number of associated symptoms that have become debilitating.  I received my results and out of 24 markers (12 IgG and 12 IgA), all 12 IgG were low and one IgA was low.  I was told it was inconclusive and that I have a problem with gluten, but whether it's a sensitivity or celiac is not clear.  I am wondering whether I should pursue other testing.  Thanks for asking the question that is on my mind, too.

E

I didn't know anyone was counting on me for this answer. :(   I talked to the Functional Medicine Nurse for two hours and never asked this question.  I had so many questions.  The answer  may help my children, but they are grown ups now, and need to make decisions and plans for themselves.   If they are not listening about celiac, I am not sure the answer will change them.  I will try to answer this as time goes on.

One other question about it is if the small intestine (or even the villi) manufacture IgA and IgG?  I think I might have seen that once, but?