Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rwoo

Newbie With Labs Help Please :)

Hi,

I have just gotten some labs back from Labcorp. I have Hashimotos and Celiac often goes hand in hand. I have been eating full gluten before labs. It appears negative to me but I would love any insight especially the Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum. Does that indicate anything??  thank you!!

Celiac Disease Comprehensive

Test Low Normal High Reference Range Units Deamidated Gliadin Abs, Iga   5   0-19 units Deamidated Gliadin Abs, Igg   1   0-19 units T-Transglutaminase (Ttg) Igg   <2   0-5   Endomysial Antibody Iga   Negative   Negative   Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum   327   91-414 mg/dL T-Transglutaminase (Ttg) Iga   <2   0-3

That is a really full test panel! Your DGP IgA and IgG, tTG IgA and IgG, and EMA IgA are all negative. The total serum Iga is a conrol test to ensure that you make enough IgA for the IgA based celiac tests to be valid - about 1/20 celiacs have a low IgA.

If you are having symptoms of celiac disease, have you considered that it could be non-celiac gluten intolerance (NCGI) which is present in approximately 6% of the population? NCGI has every nasty symptom that a celiac would have except for the intestinal villi damage (which is what all those celiac disease tests you had done look for. A gluten-free trial of 3-6 months could help you find out.