This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Thank You

tiredofdoctors

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I just want to thank everyone who posts and shares on each & all of the categories in this forum. I have learned so much from all of you, and have been given the strength and motivation to begin and continue my gluten-free lifestyle. I used to be skeptical of things of this nature -- thinking it was just a place to "whine". Boy, was I wrong. I am amazed that I learn something each time I read through a thread. Whether we have communicated or not, I want you to know how much I appreciate your sharing your stories, advice, recipes, coping strategies . . . whatever it may be. It has made a big difference in my attitude toward my disease and in my life. G-d bless you all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

After reading the above...I am certain no offense was intented. Perhaps a simple typo.

We are grateful that we have the benefit of this wonderful site that has been literally, a life saver for many of us. I, too, would like to express my gratitude to all the many that have responded to my posts with question that they have already answered to others that preceeded me.

I, every day, read the posts and add my two cents when I feel I can do it safely and supportively. We are all struggling, if we were not, we would not be here. So, we struggle together and make our way.

Maybe some day, I will be as wise as those who have helped me.

Lisa B.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Some people don't write Gods name out fully because it is too special. They simply took out the "o."

I am glad you found help, tiredofdoctors!!!

Guest jhmom
G-d bless you all.

I would say that means "GOD bless you all".

Guest jhmom

Hi Tired,

I'm glad you found this site helpful, it truly is a wonderful place filled with a lot of information. I believe if it wasn't for this site I would still be suffering on a daily basis and still being told it was IBS as my blood work was always negative for Celiac.

Take care and God Bless you too! :)

Nantzie Collaborator

If I remember right, in the Jewish tradition (I think?) God's name is considered so holy that you're not supposed to say (or write) it out loud. So when a person is writing about God, they spell it G-d. That way they don't break that rule, but still everybody knows what is meant.

Hopefully I got at least some of this right.

But back to the original content. I'd like to second tiredofdoctors. This is an amazing place. I've never learned so much about something in such a short amount of time. I'm so glad to have found this board.

:D

Nancy

fisharefriendsnotfood Apprentice
If I remember right, in the Jewish tradition (I think?) God's name is considered so holy that you're not supposed to say (or write) it out loud.  :D

Nancy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am Jewish and that is true. We write G-d instead of the full form. G-d in full is too holy.

-Jackie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Great, I am truly glad this issue is over........now we can get on to other things.

Thanks to our Jewish friends on board (not-non- religious friends) that easily cleared up an SMALL issue.

We are all bonded here by a common infliction. We come from all walks of life and religion has no place here. I do feel stongly that this forum should be dedicated to the issues that it has been dedicated to...information and support for those inflicted with Celiac Disease.

Thanks for letting me vent. This is a small pet-peeve of mine.

Lisa B.

VydorScope Proficient

Wow, okay sorry I did not pick up on that! :mellow: My apologies!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi TiredofDoctors!!

I agree totally with you. This board has been a godsend for me also. Without it, I would still be sooooo in the dark about celiac disease because I have learned more here than 50 doctors could have told me in person. But more importantly, I have found friends here that I am so thankful for and consider myself very lucky for knowing them.

Remember, 6 months from now when you are an "old pro" at celiac disease, you are going to be one of the ones people are going to be thanking profusely for sharing your knowledge...... That is what it's all about, people helping people....

Hugs.

Karen

Lisa Mentor
Wow, okay sorry I did not pick up on that!  :mellow: My apologies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's okay, don't worry.....Just is a simple mis-communication/or reaction. Keep us with you. We are alll one BIG Family here. We could start a thread about Theology, Sex and Politics............. wouldn't that be interesting. Think that we better stay where we are. Made some good friends here, don't want to go there.

Keep posting, we are all here.

Lisa B.

VydorScope Proficient
It's okay, don't worry.....Just is a simple mis-communication/or reaction.  Keep us with you.  We are alll one BIG Family here.  We could start a thread about Theology, Sex and Politics............. wouldn't that be interesting.  Think that we better stay where we are.  Made some good friends here, don't want to go there.

Keep posting, we are all here.

Lisa B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh trust me long ago I learn to not even read those threads. :)

Archived