Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ms.Lisa

Heart Palpitations

Rate this topic

I had heart palpitations & a high heart rate at 125 beats 24/7. When I was diagnosed with celiac disease & changed my diet it went away. Recently I was exposed to gluten & I got very sick. Could the palpitation have anything to do with that? I went to a heart doc & was told I have MVP & I have to wear a heart monitor for a month:( I only have 20 days 8 hours left to wear this thing, YAY! Anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem for months before I stopped eatting gluten. I went to the hospital and had 147beats per minute, the nurse said it was because I was worked up but I wasn't. It happened a lot after I ate for no apparent reason. It would take hours for it to calm down and would sometimes cause me to be sick. It also came with a lot of acid reflux, when I was put on nexium, it calmed down. It didn't completely stop until I went on a gluten-free diet.

I too have MVP. I never had to wear a heart monitor. My doctor told me that if I ever had pain to go to the ER, but other than that, it wasn't harmful. He said that a lot of women have it. I used to get "flutters" several times a day, and my heartrate was always about 120.

It actually started quieting down even before I went gluten-free, and now although my heartrate is still high (100), I hardly ever get the flutters anymore.

Thank y'all for sharing! Nice to know I'm not alone.

I can't wait till this gluten leaves my body so this problem

will disappear:)