Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kkcg2736

Spitting

Odd things are happening with my daughter...She is nearly 7, 2nd grade.  Dx with Celiacs in May 12.  She aquired a cold/sinus problems about a month ago.  It took a good 3 weeks to clear up but ever since it's cleared up she's been spitting.  She says it's phlem but it's not.  I catch her all the time with mouthfuls of spit she refuses to swallow.  Her teacher told me today that she's not herself, as I feel.  Her appitite is barley exsistant.  She won't eat much.  I've mad e a Dr. appt for her this afternoon so I'll know if she's lost weight.  She's pale, tired easily..almost like she was before being gluten-free.

Anyone have advise?

Thank you!

Hopefully they will check that she isn't anemic.  Does the spit taste weird & that is why she doesn't want to swallow?  That could be anemia or maybe a cavity or other tooth or mouth issue.

They may want to test her thyroid, too.

Maybe it is phlegm located at the back of her sinus cavity and it's slowly running down the back of her throat.  But, she hasn't mastered the art of "hocking a loogie" yet.  A skill easily mastered by boys!!!!   I have this issue when my allergies (especially to mold) kick up.    It's disgusting!   You can actually see the phlegm sometimes hanging at the back of my throat.  My nedi pot helps a bit. I can't blow it out of my nose as it just affects the back sinus cavities.  

Karen's suggestion of checking for anemia and thyroid issues is excellent.