Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MChase

What To Eat?

I am so frustrated, discouraged, and exhausted when trying to find what to eat.  I have had digestive issues all my life.  I get really bad attacks (feels like labor pains) every couple of months.  I have D multiple times a day.  Some days are worse than others.  But this past 6 weeks or so has been horrible.  I can barely get out of bed.  I have no energy (worse than normal).  I have to choose what I am going to do that day (i.e.  if I take a bath, will I have energy to make dinner for the family??).  

I am in the midst of seeing a GI (for the first time last week) and have an endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled for next week.  But, in the meantime, I'm told to eat "normal" so my tests aren't skewed. However, eating "normal" leaves me in such pain and agony.  I am not sure how much more I can take.  For instance, yesterday, I had errands to run.  I didn't eat so I would be able to leave the house (that goodness I don't work).  I was starving, so I grabbed a fish sandwich from McDonalds.(I haven't had McDonalds in about 4 months).  I thought I was fine, no immediate reaction other than some mild cramping.  But, 2 hours later, Oh it was horrible.  The cramps, the trips to the bathroom (4 in the first 40 minutes, about 8 or 9 in 2 hours).  Okay, that was done.  Move on to today.  I made me 2 eggs and OJ.  I was fine.  Hours later, I made me a bagel with some cream cheese (have to continue to eat gluten, right?).  The cramps began within 30 minutes.  And once again, many trips to the bathroom, cramps, icky feeling.  While cooking dinner, I had to take things off of the stove so I could run to the bathroom, then try to resume cooking when I got back.  Needless to say, I couldn't eat dinner because I still felt so bad from earlier.  I ended up leaving and going to lie in bed for about 2 hours (not sleeping) and multiple trips to the bathroom.  I was in tears, partly because of the pain and partly because of being so overwhelmed.  My husband asked why I even ate a bagel if I knew what it was going to do.  But, I don't want skewed results if I do have Celiac.  

I know there is no solution to this.  I just needed to tell someone.  I just need this to be over soon.  My body and mind cannot take much more of this.  

I am so hungry, but afraid to eat anything.  I am overweight.  I have struggled with my weight since about 8 or 9 years old (that seems to be when most of my problems starting occurring).  But this past 6 weeks, I have lost about 12 lbs without trying, without exercising.  Normally to lose 12 lbs I have to write everything I eat down and exercise like a maniac. 

Ohhh my!! I feel so much for you!! It sure brings back memories!! Not because I was eating Gluten for a test, just because I was eating Gluten and had no clue what was wrong with me!! Ohh the trips to the potty and no energy !! I used to get real shaky after a trip to the bathroom. It was like it wiped out every fiber of energy I had or could have and more!! I know what your going thru!! I cannot imagine going thru it again! good luck sweetie!! Huggzz!