Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Misty073

It's Going To Be A Long Week

My blood test results should be in by next Thur/Fri but I'm feeling awful...not that I don't always feel exhausted, this past week I have just felt so run down and "out of it". Headaches, stiff neck puffy eyes etc. And my tongue is so sore I can barely eat.

Also I'm starting to wonder about my 7 year old daughter? She has constipation issues (despite eating lots of fruit, veggies and fiber). But she always has tummy aches :(

I'm thinking if my results come back neg I'm going to try gluten free and see if that helps us.

My blood test results should be in by next Thur/Fri but I'm feeling awful...not that I don't always feel exhausted, this past week I have just felt so run down and "out of it". Headaches, stiff neck puffy eyes etc. And my tongue is so sore I can barely eat.

Also I'm starting to wonder about my 7 year old daughter? She has constipation issues (despite eating lots of fruit, veggies and fiber). But she always has tummy aches :(

I'm thinking if my results come back neg I'm going to try gluten free and see if that helps us.

Regardless of results, removing all gluten once testing is complete is a good idea as many more folks are gluten intolerant rather than celiac.  

That being said...with your daughter's symptoms she too should have a complete celiac antibody panel and nutrient testing before removing all gluten as once you remove gluten you lose giving the tests the best opportunity for accuracy.