Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strings

Food Triggers

I've made an appointment for a blood panel test for gluten, also for my iron levels which is around 2 weeks as I went a week without gluten.

For now I'm back on gluten, and I noticed I got severe pains, bloated, diarrhoea from eating a Guzman and gomez burrito on 2 occasions, and also today I started getting a headache and sharp pains again from eating takeaway food which was satay chicken and rice.

This just confuses me to a great deal. I eat wholegrain wheat for breakfast which has wheat, barley... But most of the time I don't get any symptoms, even burgers or pizza. I also drink lactose free milk so I dunno whats going on.

I'm guessing it could rice, but I eat sushi a lot and don't get pains so can't be that. You'd think satay chicken sauce would have little gluten, but seems quite sensitive for me :s

You would have to check the ingredients on the food you ate.  Soy sauce often contains gluten, so it is likely gluten is in the dish.  Since, you are returning to gluten after having a time away from it, it wouldn't surprise me that you are having symptoms.

You should keep a record of these symptoms and share them with the doctor that tests you.

D