Rate this topic

So, the scoop.

I had an upper GI endoscopy on Monday. They found gastro-intenstinal inflammation.

Haven't seen the results of my blood work that was done last Wednesday.

My dad's identical twin brother, and his daughter, are both confirmed Celiac's.

I've had the following symptoms in the past year and a half, when I was on a gluten-inclusive diet (I've gone on/off in experimentation, and felt loads better off, because of..): 

- foggy head

- occasional rashes

- sore joints

- stomach cramps

- bloating

- constipation

- increased gassiness

- rhuemenation

My question: what are the chances, then, that, in two weeks time, when I go in for my appointment to discuss the biopsy, that it's going to be Celiac, given the information I've provided? I just want to know the likelihood.

You say you have been on and off gluten. Were you on for a while before testing? If you were, it sounds to me that chances are good your tests will be positive. If you weren't, it sounds to me that chances are good your tests will be FALSE negative.

In other words, I think the odds are good based on your symptoms and family history, that you do indeed have celiac. Either way, you know you feel better off gluten so I'm sure you will want to go and stay gluten-free from now on. The best place to start is to read the Newbie 101 thread here and heed all of the information given. Then ask lots of questions. We'll be glad to help. :)