Rate this topic

Did anyone else "lose all muscle tone." over a short period of time?  I did this about 8 years back.  Nutrients seemed to help overcome this, but I didn't know about my gluten problem.

Currently I am feeling firm, tight muscles.  At other times my limbs feel squishy. 

I don't know how one can "Lose all muscle tone" and still be walking around, but that is what I did.

In my pre-Celiac days, when I was in junior-highschool and into highschool I had no muscle.  I was a twig and couldn't gain weight no matter what I did.  Shortly after college I had a body-mass-index test done and I was at 37% body fat  :o but still under-weight.  Since then my system has managed to get a grip, I started working out, getting more protein, and have actually gained weight while getting my body fat down to about 23% - which is where it should be for someone my age.  But I workout regularly - it doesn't take long to start losing it if you stop taking care of it.  If I even take a week off I feel the difference.

Here is an answer.  A sudden problem with the nerves which can occur in mal-nutrition.  I had the link I found it, but have not been able to paste t links in the forum lately.  I have to go find it again and type it in.

http www.nlm.nih.gov/medicineplusency/Medical/Encyclopedia/article003188  I can't get the link to work.  If you want to look into this problem type "Suddenly losing all muscle tone."  This connection was at the top.  My link got me to the right website, but I didn't know how to navigate from there.  I will try a little more. 

I had malnutrition due to long term celiac/low vitamin B and also have sustained nerve damage.  Oddly enough, the day I am studying this, I seem to be hypersensitive to water on my hand and bumping muscles for the first time in months!

D

For some reason my shoulders seem to have collapsed around the time of my diagnosis.  I was trying to workout, was malnourished, not getting enough calories, consuming TOO MUCH protein and TOO LITTLE carbs.  It was a catastrophe.  It's a wonder I didn't just fall over dead in the middle of a brief workout.

Something is different for sure but I have just now started trying to workout again.  I haven't been doing it long enough to tell you how my body is responding.