Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

mena

Need Help With Diet And Fatigue

Rate this topic

Hi

my name is Mena I was dignosed for celiac disease a year ago ,I have started my gluten-free diet BUT Im still not feeling well I suffer from vitamin D3 difficiency ,and vitamin B I feel weak and I have no energy I live in Baghdad and we dont have many options for gluten-free food or resturants. Im in the first year of medical college and I couldnt finish my semister because I have no energy

would you please help me and give me your advice how to go on with this disease.

Mena

Hi Mena,

I spent 30 years with extreme fatigue, BUT I HAVE RECOVERED!  I used a gluten free diet, also discovered other intolerances to avoid , and took  supplements to recover.  I hope you will look up the newbie thread (www.celiac.co...newbie-info-101/ to be sure that you are doing the best possible job staying away from gluten.  If that only tells you what you already know, I would recommend trying a SCD diet which is to help people who are not healing with a gluten free diet alone. You can google SCD diet to find what foods to use for it.   I would especially use digestive enzymes, and probiotics. 

I hope you will be feeling energetic again and get back to school.  If you don't be here asking questions or asking of your doctors until you find your answers.  Wishing you the best of health yet to come.

D

Welcome to the board.

It tool me a few months of eating gluten free before I felt better, but what really got me feeling better with more energy was getting my thyroid treated with a T3 and T4 combination drug and addressing my adrenal fatigue. If you have been gluten-free for many months, then perhaps look into other causes like Hashimoto's thyroiditis which is quite common among celiacs.

Best wishes

You may want to try a B-Complex supplement - I found it very helpful for energy and mood.  Also, make sure to get enough protein at regular intervals.  For me, I feel best when I get a bit of protein every few hours.  Nuts, cottage cheese, yogurt, protein bar, etc.  And meat protein at meals.