This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fibromyalgia Anyone?

angieInCA

cyclinglady Grand Master

My vitamin D was 23 last time and I'm taking 1000 II daily.I'm wondering if I should be taking more. It's funny when I was 23 and began having arthritic symptoms, the Dr. put me on B6. But let. me back way up. Did anyone lose their baby teeth for no reason?? When I was 5 all my baby teeth had turned black and I lost them. Many dental problems all my life and skeletal problems. They've been trying to "fix" the anemia since 2011. Any thoughts??

I have two anemias: thalassemia (genetic) and iron deficiency which did not respond to iron supplements due to undiagnosed celiac disease. Vit. D was also low even after taking 2,000 units a day! Everything has improved with my celiac disease diagnosis and gluten-free diet. I also have osteopenia and they suspect osteoporosis in my upper back since I had a fracture doing nothing! I hope you find answers to your health issues.

Never give up!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Oh, my mom has Fibro and Graves (thyroid) but recently tested negative to celiac disease. She does not believe that foods could trigger symptoms even though her kids and grand kids (some) have allergies/asthma/food intolerances to the same things (i.e. Nuts, eggs, milk proteins). I completely disagree!

somanyquestions Newbie

I never got a proper diagnosis of what kind if anemia I had. It didn't respond to iron, B12, or anything else. My Dr. situation was wacko. I could never get them all on the same page, thus did my own research. Mostly by reading everything about chronic pain and digestive disorders. So by process of elimination I got it. No gluten, milk, eggs, and maybe a few other things. I have a long way to go, having been sick since childhood. Thank you for answering

somanyquestions Newbie

Ive known it had something to do with food since way back. Wheat in particular because I'd have arthritic symptoms after eating it. Strangely the whole wheat (healthy) cereals, breads etc were the only kind I wanted. I'm thankful for this forum cause I really felt like a hypochondriac!!!!

cyclinglady Grand Master

I never got a proper diagnosis of what kind if anemia I had. It didn't respond to iron, B12, or anything else. My Dr. situation was wacko. I could never get them all on the same page, thus did my own research. Mostly by reading everything about chronic pain and digestive disorders. So by process of elimination I got it. No gluten, milk, eggs, and maybe a few other things. I have a long way to go, having been sick since childhood. Thank you for answering

Thalassemia will not respond to iron and iron over load can be dangerous if given and not monitored. On your CBC lab tests, anything out of range? My red blood cells are tiny: mcv,mch,mchc and are all out of range (entire life). The good news is that my body does compensate for having a low hemoglobin (just below range) but when it really gets too low from low iron stores (that is from celiac disease) and I feel the effects: fatigue, out of breath.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Thalassemia will not respond to iron and iron over load can be dangerous if given and not monitored. On your CBC lab tests, anything out of range? My red blood cells are tiny: mcv,mch,mchc and are all out of range (entire life). The good news is that my body does compensate for having a low hemoglobin (just below range) but when it really gets too low from low iron stores (that is from celiac disease) and I feel the effects: fatigue, out of breath.

Thal can go the other way. You can have high rbc, low almost everything else and good or high iron. If a doc runs a "basic" cbc s/he may assume you are anemic, when you really are overloaded or fine on iron.

My son is fine, my husband is overloaded. Life just got interesting around here.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Thanks for adding more information on Thalassemia!  I was being very self-centered and just though about my issues with it!   :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived