Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoJo2310

Which Dairy Allergy Is Linked To Celiac?

From what Ive read if you have celiac there's a chance you could be lactose intolerant.

Im still waiting for my biopsy to confirm celiac but my daughter has responded well to a lacto free diet so I have tried it for myself.  I felt really tired on the 2nd day but since then not as tired & finally have non greasy hair!!!!  Ive had lacto free milk with coco powder tonight & within 30 minutes I feel like my temples are being pressed in & itchy all over - especially my head & a rash I already have on my hand.

I suppose my question is - is it just lactose intolerance that is linked to celiac or is a dairy or casein allergy possible aswell???

Im even more confused than ever now as to whether it is celiac I have or has it been dairy all along.  The only thing I keep on remembering is the only time my permanent red cheeks started to fade is when I went gluten free last summer & how ill I felt when I started to eat gluten again!

TIA

Jo

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Lactose intolerance is common for unhealed Celiacs. Celiac damages the villi in the small intestines. These villi help us digest the lactose in milk products. Not all milk products have a lot of lactose. You can google that on a reputable site like Mayo and find out which foods.

Many times, after a few months, you will be able to digest lactose, again. Some adult humans, celiac or not! cannot digest lactose.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Dear god yes lol, I have a corn allergy and the starch is hit miss if it triggers a reaction, but they could also be from rice, or tapioca....seriously they need to go the route of many shampoos/body washes that list the chemical/ingredient...
    since they just say "food starch" they could have made it from a cows arse for all i know. they need to just say what it comes from every time lol
    Here is the interpretation chart he sent me and yes I have 2 kids in which their pediatrician said they didn’t need to be tested unless they show symptoms which goes against everything I have read about symptoms being silent etc.... Is i...