Triomam

Anyone Have Sky High Ttg Iga But Normal Ema?

Rate this topic

Hi

I was at my doctors today as I've been really unwell over the weekend. My TTG IGA aria over 300-! D I had a biopsy last week and am waiting for the results. My GP mentioned today that my 'other test'...which I'm presuming is EMA, but I don't actually know, is normal for celiac disease. He anyone else had one sky high positive result and another normal and been diagnosed with celiac disease?

Thanks

You need to find out which test was normal.  It very well could have been normal Total Serum IgA which means you simply have enough IgA to make the tTG-IgA valid.

Or it could have been any one of the other tests in a complete panel:

tTG-IgG

EMA-IgA

DGP-IgA or IgG

AGA-IgA or IgG

Ask for written or electronic results for all medical tests.....always.

I agree that you should get a copy of your test results, but IMO... with a ttg Iga over 300 it almost doesn't matter.  You have Celiac.  Its good to get the biopsy to get an idea of the extent of the damage and they'll also check for other stuff - just to make sure Celiac is the only thing going on.

I agree that you should get a copy of your test results, but IMO... with a ttg Iga over 300 it almost doesn't matter.  You have Celiac.  Its good to get the biopsy to get an idea of the extent of the damage and they'll also check for other stuff - just to make sure Celiac is the only thing going on.

Thanks everyone.....I think I'm just frustrated and tearing my hair out. I've been clinging on/surviving life (wk, children etc) since being so unwell for last year. On paper my TTG IGA over 300 is way off the scale. My GP said so, the forums say so, the endoscopist said so...then at an appointment yesterday my GP (who is lovely...but clearly knows little about celiac disease-neither did I until ove been reading about it due to this!) kept saying.....but one of your results was negative for that...so it probably isn't..... Eh?!?! Last time she was certain, the endoscopist seemed to think def celiac disease whatever the biopsy shows (as could get a negative patchy sample)....... I think I'm just worried about what is the biopsy is negative .......with a TTG IGA of over 300....it doesn't seem like it can be anything else?!, ;-(

Thanks everyone.....I think I'm just frustrated and tearing my hair out. I've been clinging on/surviving life (wk, children etc) since being so unwell for last year. On paper my TTG IGA over 300 is way off the scale. My GP said so, the forums say so, the endoscopist said so...then at an appointment yesterday my GP (who is lovely...but clearly knows little about celiac disease-neither did I until ove been reading about it due to this!) kept saying.....but one of your results was negative for that...so it probably isn't..... Eh?!?! Last time she was certain, the endoscopist seemed to think def celiac disease whatever the biopsy shows (as could get a negative patchy sample)....... I think I'm just worried about what is the biopsy is negative .......with a TTG IGA of over 300....it doesn't seem like it can be anything else?!, ;-(

I was wrong...my TTG IGA was above 300..... But it was a TTG IGA which was negative.....anyone have a positive IGA a but negative IGA.

Thanks loads. Still learning.....