This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Help Have Had Numerous Tests. Celiac?

doug10

doug10 Newbie

I had what I though was food poisoning in April 2012, stomach aches, and some diarrhea.  Three weeks later my doctor prescribed some antibiotics which really gave my stomach aches.  I went to the ER because I could not take the pain anymore and did not know what was wrong with me.  The ER ran a lot of tests and told me I have IBS (I think IBS is basically a made up disease cause they can locate what is wrong with you, hey you have IBS I figured out your problem of course I can prove it though). 

Mu new doctor at the time told me to get off the antibiotics and dairy and I started feeling better(for a while) just some indigestion and mild bloating.  Two months later I had an endoscope and it revealed some gastritis, but that is all.  Blood work for Celiac and H-pylori came back negative.  I have four basic symptoms bloating, indigesiton/GERD, stomach aches and chills at times.   I had a colonoscopy in Dec2012 and it revealed microscopic colitis.  I contact a company out of Texas and they did a comprehensive Gluten/Antigenic food sensitive test. Fecal Gluten came back at 10  (normal range is less than 10). I gave up Gluten Jan 4th 2013 (95% gave up, some cross contamination I am sure) and I still had issues with bloating, acid reflux, and minor stomach aches now and then, but no severe stomach pains. 

I went to a new GI doctor in late 2013 and he wanted to do a new upper and lower scope.  The Colonoscopy revealed I do not have microscopic colitis after all, the endoscope showed I have hiatal hernia (he says a minor hernia).  Since I did not have microscopic colitis I decided to start eating Gluten again in later December.    I noticed absolutely no changes, until yesterday.  I woke up at 7am and starting having a stomach ache almost immediately (last ate a 6 inch subway sub at 6pm the night before).  I did not eat or drink anything all day.  I had minor diarrhea around 3:30pm and was running a 101 fever.  The pain started going away around 9pm.   This could have been a stomach bug, or it could be a reaction to something else. 

My question is could I eat Gluten for 7 or 8 weeks and have no reaction and then all of sudden have a big episode? Also 101 fever is that possible with a gluten issue?

BTW has Hida scan in 2012 it was 30, redone 3 weeks ago it was 44.  Also had stomach empty study no issues.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

My question is could I eat Gluten for 7 or 8 weeks and have no reaction and then all of sudden have a big episode? Also 101 fever is that possible with a gluten issue?

Not that I am aware of, but none of us can say for sure. Sounds like you have a flu bug of some kind.

Please make the font on your posts bigger. Some of us have "older eyes" and can't read such a tiny font. ;) 

Gluten/Antigenic food sensitive test

There are no valid, peer-reviewed tests for "gluten sensitivity". Sorry.  :( 

Archived