greenbeanie

Stonyfield Yo Toddler Yogurt

Rate this topic

Okay, I'm freaking out a bit. Is Stonyfield Yo Toddler strawberry banana yogurt with cereal gluten free or not? Their office is now closed so I can't call. It has the "Certified gluten free" symbol (with the little G F in a circle, from the Gluten Intolerance Group) on the package, and I fed my daughter some. But now I see that oats and oat bran are ingredients. Does this mean they use gluten free oats? Their webpage says that all their yogurts are gluten free EXCEPT the Yo Toddler cereal ones. 

There's nothing to be done now - she's already eaten it. But if someone has checked this and knows that their labels are correct and the gluten-free certification is real (rather than a packaging mistake), that would set my mind at ease...

Edited by greenbeanie

I am just going to add... if you feel the company is not handling this well enough you can contact the FDA.   Check your regional number here: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ConsumerComplaintCoordinators/default.htm

I don't know if this will help, but below is copied from Stonyfield's web page.  It feels a bit vague to me, regarding the YoToddler with cereal yogurt.  I hope your daughter is ok.  

All of our yogurts, smoothies, and soy yogurts, except the YoToddler flavors made with cereal, are certified gluten-free. Our certification tells people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease that they can enjoy these yogurts without worry. Most of our gluten-free products have a small Certified Gluten-Free Symbol printed on the container (on the side or back panel of cups and smoothies, and on the top of the multipacks). Our frozen yogurt products also don't contain gluten, and we follow safe manufacturing practices to ensure there is no cross contamination. But, because they're run on the same equipment as products with gluten, they are not certified gluten-free and that should be kept in mind when making your purchasing decisions.