Rate this topic

Well fu$%ing A!

Had Omission last night and have a sour/upset stomach today which started not long after having Omission. No other odd or new foods. The weird thing is that I've had it before and have been unclear on whether or not it's an issue.

Do other people react to it?

I am very sensitive and absolutely meticulous about what goes in my mouth so I know this must be it. Just wanted a good tasting beer. Guess it's back to sorghum based beers. wtf!!!

I won't drink it because they cannot prove it does not contain gluten. The government has even said they cannot call their beer gluten free until there is a reliable test for it.

Drink it if it doesn't bother you. Personally, I won't chance it until they are able to test it accurately.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/GlutenFreeAlcohol/a/Is-Gluten-Removed-Beer-Safe.htm

"In its guidance on the rule in the Federal Register, the FDA also rejected Craft Brew Alliance’s use of a new test to back the claim that Omission beer is gluten-free, stating that the method, known as the R5 competitive ELISA, is not “scientifically valid” for analyzing the gluten content of fermented foods for the purpose of determining compliance with the rule."

http://www.celiaccommunity.org/confusion-over-omission/

I'm  with Kareng  too much  controversy with Ommission  beer... there  are  plenty  of  great  tasting  gluten-free  beers  available  without  controversy....sensitive  celiac  drinkers  could not  drink Ommission...

I am in my mid-thirties and just started going gluten free yesterday.  My mother and all of her brothers and sisters have realized that they have severe late-n-life gluten intolerances.  Due to my thyroid history that is similar to them, etc. I have decided to try and bite the bullet and try a gluten free diet to see how I feel.  My friend told me that cider beers, such as woodchuck amber should be gluten free and that wines and vodka were ok.  Can someone please recommend some good gluten free beers that are actually completely gluten free or a different brand.  Thanks so much in advance :),  (it's going to be a long journey but you have to start somewhere)