Rate this topic

This looks like a good place for this.  :)  Lots of Endoscopies.  Who knows the answer to this.  Me and a friend are debating whether my quake, um dr. is right.  He just diagnosed me with Barretts and wants to burn it out in 6 months to a year, depending on the FISH results that are not back yet.  She thinks he is wrong to wait that long, he is telling me I have to heal from this procedure at least 6 months.  I know I hurt inside, so I know I need to heal, therefore, on this I actually believe the quake, um dr.  So, does anyone know the answer?  How long does it take to heal.  Erosive Esophagitis, Barretts, a dilation, and lots of Biopsies.

I have to wait regardless or swap doctors, was planning to swap doctors, but the one I am going to is actually an expert in Barretts.  I would be fool to change now, I think, whether I agree with him on all matters or not.

I don't know about the other things you have had done, but, from what I have seen, an endoscopy with biopsies heals within 2 weeks. The size of the biopsy is teeny tiny, so it really doesn't bother you. Seems like the other problems you have may take a while to heal?

Sorry for the snappy note. Thank you. I agree with him on this I just really hate the ppi and some of his other ideas.

My mom had an ulcer on the bottom of her esophagus - she had a stroke and was having trouble chewing. They think she swallowed a potato chip that wasn't well chewed and it made a cut - that got infected, etc. She had to take stuff like Prilosec because any stomach acid that hit the sore spot/ulcer would keep it from healing. That took maybe 8 weeks to heal? They did a repeat endo then to check that it was healed.

So she is right I can get this done sooner rather than later. Thank you very much.

I am not saying that. I don't know your medical condition.... But, go ahead, tell your GI I said it was Ok. I'm sure that will help. Lol

They can do an endo 3 times in a day in an emergency....they did my moms when they thought she was healed. Why would they do yours if you say you are still in pain?