JesikaBeth

I Have Cancer, Was Just Diagnosed Gluten Intolerent

Rate this topic

I am just wondering if anyone else is a Cancer warrior? I was diagnosed gluten intolerent 4 days ago. I was diagnosed as having Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma this past November. I am curently undergoing treatments.

I'm 34 years old.

Anyone else?

My oldest daughter was diagnosed w/ stage 4 metastatic breast cancer at age 31. She's now 35 and is in remission (her 3rd?). She's one helluva fighter. She was diagnosed with celiac about a year or 2 into her cancer treatment. Youngest daughter was diagnosed with celiac right after having a uterine fibroid removed about 4 years ago. Her celiac was so severe, it took her more than a year for her gut to heal and her diet was extremely limited. I just got home last week from taking care of her after a hysterectomy, also at age 31. She's now the poster child for telling any and all of her friends NOT to skip their yearly pap smears. She had one wonky pap and a year later her choices were to have a hysterectomy or have cervical cancer. Middle daughter was diagnosed w/ celiac first... of the kids...at about age 26. I was diagnosed first of all of us at age 49. I've asked middle daughter, who's super healthy, if she feels like she has a bulls eye on her back!! Yikes!  

Hi JesikaBeth and Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, I am a cancer warrior.  I have Metastatic Melanoma.  I was diagnosed Celiac about 6 months before the cancer.  Surgeries and treatments are 1 1/2 years behind me and I'm going strong!  Your diet will be key to feeling well.  Whole foods, lots of water and keep your immune system strong so it can fight.  If you ever need to talk, just send a message to me.  The forum will offer you great support for starting a new diet.  

Stay strong,

Colleen

Thyroid cancer in 2007 when my oldest was just a wee one.  I'm only gluten-free because I'm still nursing one of my kids with Celiac, though.

I've never been a worrier and have always been pretty darn healthy, but the experience of cancer helped me realize that nobody else cares about my health, but me - so it was MY job to keep riding my Pediatrician's butt until she ordered every possible test and we could figure out what was wrong with my youngest. 

Hello Everyone, nice to meet you :wub: