Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Frankys Mum

Any Gene Test Experts Around?

Rate this topic

Hello gluten-free experts, I know gene tests aren't necessarily all that relevant to celiac diagnosis but in my case they are more so because my son has a high chance of inheriting a gene from his other parent, and I'm IgA deficient and had questionable biopsy results *sigh* I also find all this stuff really interesting so enjoy reading up on it for curiosities sake!

I just wondered if any experts were able to explain what the relevance of the 'key' is in results that state:

DQA1*03MN

Key: MN = 01/02/03

Some of my other results are just one number without a key (02:01 for example) but does this result mean "03:01 and 03:02 and 03:03" or "03:01 or 03:02 or 03:03" ?

I hope someone knows how to read the gene testing :D.  I still don't know what mine really say other than they are positive. I even asked my GI yesterday and she said that the reporting above is the molecular reporting and she's not sure why they do it that way and really couldn't tell me what they actually meant, other than I was positive for the gene pairs.