AlexandarZ

Traveling With Celiac

Rate this topic

I've had celiac for about 4 years now and I've been following a strict gluten free diet, but whenever I go out drinking or something like that the next day i usually plan to stay home because i get stomach aches and stuff. Now I'm about to go Sydney (Australia) for a festival and I'm planning on having a bender and I'm wondering how I should deal with my stomach aches. Sometimes i'd drink alcohol and get a real bad stomach ache where i can't be too far from the toilet and other times i drink and i don't even get a stomach ache at all. I normally drink henessy and jim beam spirits. 

What do you guys think i should drink? Is there any sort of medication that can stop these stomach aches? And i was also wondering about spirits, gluten free beers and ciders? What can and can't I drink? 

I drink about  everything except beer and bourbon.  Never had any problems with sake, scotch, wines, gin, vodka etc etc. 

I also  dont drink on an empty stomach.  Usually opt for a bunch of steamed veggies at the local chinese place.

You might want to make sure you  dont have some  sort of allergic reaction to the alcohol itself.  Enjoy the bender!

I find that if I drink on an empty stomach, next morning I'll have symptoms identical to getting glutened. Similar effect if I drink a lot of cider or other "complex" alchohol, as opposed to say vodka.

It it were me, I would load up on a full, balanced dinner, get a full glass of water down between drinks, and make sure I can sleep late. But maybe that takes away from it being a bender ;)