Snowypony

Feeling Awful - Help!

Rate this topic

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease but I am also starting to expect that I may have a gluten intolerance as well... I've read that it can be very common with thyroid diseases. I'm still in the process of getting my thyroid disease in check so a lot of what I may be feeling poorly is that BUT I have been having stomach cramps and gas for several weeks now 24/7, it's especially bad when I wake up in the morning and will ease up a bit later in the day. I also have chronic pain and extreme fatigue(though this is probably the thyroid) to the point where I can barely function anymore, I just have zero energy. I don't have any skin or rash issues, just digestive problems like the above with occasional and unexplainable diarrhea. I am getting ready to start something called a ketogenic diet because I am also overweight and it is a diet a lot of people have success losing weight with, it is similar to Adkins but more clean... no gluten or processed foods but people who tolerate it can eat dairy.

I'm just wondering if the constant stomach cramps is a symtom or issue anyone here has dealt with when they were eating gluten? I've been to the doctor and had the blood test done and it came back negative though I was eating gluten free at the time... I'm having issues with my doctors because one told me I'm too old to have celiac(I'm 32) and probably the fact that I'm overweight leads them to think I can't have it.. I know this isn't true but it's tough when I'm not being taken seriously so I'm just going to go gluten free on my own and see how I do. I have eaten gluten free before just never long enough to really know if it helped. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease but I am also starting to expect that I may have a gluten intolerance as well... I've read that it can be very common with thyroid diseases. I'm still in the process of getting my thyroid disease in check so a lot of what I may be feeling poorly is that BUT I have been having stomach cramps and gas for several weeks now 24/7, it's especially bad when I wake up in the morning and will ease up a bit later in the day. I also have chronic pain and extreme fatigue(though this is probably the thyroid) to the point where I can barely function anymore, I just have zero energy. I don't have any skin or rash issues, just digestive problems like the above with occasional and unexplainable diarrhea. I am getting ready to start something called a ketogenic diet because I am also overweight and it is a diet a lot of people have success losing weight with, it is similar to Adkins but more clean... no gluten or processed foods but people who tolerate it can eat dairy.

I'm just wondering if the constant stomach cramps is a symtom or issue anyone here has dealt with when they were eating gluten? I've been to the doctor and had the blood test done and it came back negative though I was eating gluten free at the time... I'm having issues with my doctors because one told me I'm too old to have celiac(I'm 32) and probably the fact that I'm overweight leads them to think I can't have it.. I know this isn't true but it's tough when I'm not being taken seriously so I'm just going to go gluten free on my own and see how I do. I have eaten gluten free before just never long enough to really know if it helped. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated!

Well, I'm knocking on the door to 50 and I'm overweight but every test came back positive for me a couple months ago.....not all Celiacs are underweight...especially those of use with thyroid issues as well.  If your doctors won't run the tests, find a new one.