Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

I have 13 more days of the gluten challenge and I can. not. wait. I am so looking forward to feeling well again, and not having the searing gut pain and joint pain. My migraines have come back worse than I have ever had them (locked in pain unable to move!) and I just want to sleep, or cry! 

I had one blood test done by my Natropath but I had been eating gluten light for 2 years so it came back as Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerant. Since then I've done a colonoscopy then started the gluten challenge for the endoscopy and celiac panel on Sept 13th. The colonoscopy came back as Lymphocytic Microscopic Colitis which the GI Doc said she won't consider treating until all my allergy testing is done. She said treating the Colitis would be covering up a larger issue (isn't that just an awesome Doc?! I was thrilled when she said that)

Quick question. After all these tests are done on the 13th, should I wait to go completely gluten free and wait for results or just go ahead and cut it out ASAP. I'm worried something will go wrong and they will have to re-do something but I'll have been off gluten for 4 weeks before I get the results… I'm feeling paranoid that I'll need to do another gluten challenge. I need to be done with this (can you tell heightened anxiety is part of my symptoms - ugh.)

I'm gearing up for the week of withdrawal since I had that in the past and it seriously felt like I had the flu, and I'm getting ready to get back on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I had so much success on that. I can't wait! I hope this energy towards my health will continue over the next few weeks. 

I would make double sure they are doing every single test including total serum IgA/IgG levels so you can make sure you are covered before you go gluten-free.  Also make sure they are taking plentiful biopsies so there is no dilly dallying with the readout.  You can make it through! :)

I just checked the two labs that I could go to and what they test for and it seems the tests are different at each one :/ 

Lab #1 tests for:

NOTE: Celiac  disease panel includes: 
1) Deamidated Gliadin IgA antibodies and
2) Tissue Transglutaminase IgA antibody.

Lab #2 tests for:

Testing Includes Deamidated Gliadin Peptide IgG And Tissue Transglutaminase IgA Antibodies 

Which do you think would be best to go to?

Anyone else in Ontario, Canada that has had tests done and can give more insight if our procedures are different here?

Thanks for the input LauraTX -- I'll also call the GI Doc and see what she says. 

If that is all you can get (I am not really familiar with how the Canadian health system works as far as demanding more tests), then I would go with lab #2 because there is an IgA and IgG test, which will cover you in case you are IgA deficient.