Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exseitanist

I'm Cold!?

Until my diagnosis in October 2013, I was always warm, wearing shorts when it was above 25 F outside.  Last winter, I was colder than I had ever been and the only changes were a gluten-free diet and aging.  This fall I'm starting to get cold at 30 F!

This summer is the first one that I haven't been absolutely miserable during the summer, and it was the hottest summer I've experienced in Seattle.

Does recovery include having a more 'normal' experience of the weather?

oct 2013 - biopsy showed celiac, went strictly gluten-free

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Several nutritional problems can also cause you to feel cold. Low B-12 was doing it to me. Have your Dr check your vitamin and mineral levels. Thyroid, as heatman said, can also cause a "broken thermostat".

I have no idea why this thing is writing in italics. It just started doing that. HELP! My computer is possessed!!!!!

Join eNewsletter

I have been wondering the same. 

For the first time in my life, I have 1) not been suffocating all the time, and 2) my body temperature went from 97.4 average lifelong, to NORMAL at 98.6!

I have found that it is very strange to be getting more healthy as I age.  I went off wheat, and starting taking a lot of missing minerals.  I got better.

On the other hand, my allergies are worse this fall...but that could be the weather...very strange here in California, actually having a little rain!

Allergies/Asthma 1962   Lactose Intolerant 1964   Anxiety, Depression and Migraines since 1964  

Thyroid deficiency 1971   IBS 1974   Pre-Diabetic 1988   Chronic Anxiety Disorder 1988   Chronic Depression 1988  

Auto Accident w/broken Neck 1995   60%  Disabled 1995   PTSD  1995  

Trauma Induced Fibromyalgia 1995   Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 1995   Diabetes II 2011  

Niece Diagnosed with Celiac Disease 2013  Genes show Celiac, but not Blood Tests

Gluten Free 5/20/2014   Diagnosed Celiac -  10/17/2014 on Symptom Remission

:) Gluten Free 1YEAR!!! :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter