Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mareahf

How Do You Gain Your Weight Back?

I have been successfully gluten free for 6 years then I accidentally ate the wrong hamburger bun and I got very sick.  Almost as sick as I was when I first discovered I have celiac disease.  I lost a lot of weight and I am not big to start with.  I was wondering for those people who lose weigh during a gluten attack how do you re-gain the weight?  Protein shakes? Eating more? 

I also have high cholesterol so I don't want to just eat dairy and bacon.  I try to eat nuts and have a healthy diet but it is hard for me to gain the weight. 

Any suggestions will help.  Thanks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would try and just eat more of what you can eat. When you say your done try eating more.

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

It's happened to me more than once and I have learned that the more I worry about it the harder the weight is to put on. Relax and don't stress yourself out, it will happen. Other than that, try working out and drinking some protein shakes to build your muscles. Start slow though.

Join eNewsletter

I would just give it time and it will slowly come back on. Eating more should help.  

As for cholesterol, it has been proven to me a myth (from what I have learned) that dairy, fats and eggs raises your cholesterol.  It is actually the processed foods (flours/starches and sugars) that end up raising cholesterol in the end.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter