Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badcasper

Penecillan

sorry my spelling is bad. isn't penicillin made from mold off of bread. I have always been allergic to it. Also the refridgerator at work is so bad that I started bringing my lunch in a lunch bag with ice packs and keep it at my station. The smell from the fridge could knock you over. it never gets cleaned and usually its full of sandwiches and things that are months old. Any chance of cross contamination?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If the sandwiches and stuff are wrapped and your stuff is wrapped I don't think your going to get CC'd but if the fridge is that nasty I'd just keep it the way your doing it! Man you'd think they'd kinda keep up on that. I clean my fridge out once a week on garbage night. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

I never thought about penicillin being made on bread. I don't know if they still do it that way or not but I do know I have been allergic to it since I was a little kid. I got that from my Dad's side of the family though and it was Mom who had celiac.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

HUh,funny that. I've been allergic to it since babyhood too.They tried once to do it again to see if it was just a childhood allergy.  Nope.. Full on reaction.  Same thing with all cephalosporins.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts