Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've just "discovered" Qrunch Toastables at Meijer here in Kalamazoo, Michigan. They have carried them for about 2 weeks. I have tried the 1-Rich Maple and 2-Cinnamon-Vanilla. Both are great tasting, filling, and under four dollars. It seems that most gluten-free items that I buy are five dollars or more; expensive--I know. But I was complaining about HIGH gluten-free product prices one day in the store and this older guy said "Do you get sick?", and I said "No". Then he said "stop complaining" or something to that effect. So I look at high prices for gluten-free products in a different light nowdays. Anyway, I highly recommend this product. Again, because it is a bit lower priced, it is filling compared to other gluten-free products that take at least 2 servings to just take the edge off hungerness.

Try them out.

One nit-pick is the little bit of a gritty texture... sort of like eating a bit of sand. But it's not enough to deter from not buying it. I am ecstatic that this product has come out.

I am not sure if this texture is common in Quinoa products or not....?

I am happy to have joined this group of people. Hopefully I can learn from you all on how to be less-sick by keeping a strict gluten-free, dairy-free diet. I have many restrictions that eliminate more than 95% of foods.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

With the price thing, it is something you just get used to after a while.  Instead of "ouch I have to buy the 6 dollar flour" it is "I am going to buy flour".  You just accept it as reality and maybe give a little more to the grocery budget.  I will steer towards things that are more economical if there is a big cost difference per serving among two safe choices.  Usually the gritty texture is from rice flour, but I am sure some of the other gluten-free flours can do that.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

With the price thing, it is something you just get used to after a while.  Instead of "ouch I have to buy the 6 dollar flour" it is "I am going to buy flour".  You just accept it as reality and maybe give a little more to the grocery budget.  I will steer towards things that are more economical if there is a big cost difference per serving among two safe choices.  Usually the gritty texture is from rice flour, but I am sure some of the other gluten-free flours can do that.  

Strike that last price statement. I checked my receipt and they are $4.99 each.

I have to add that prices are even higher if one goes to a Health Food Store. If you can get a product into a local grocery store like Meijers or Wally World then they get them in bulk and that drops the price down a couple of dollars per.

Join eNewsletter

Thunder Chickens?  The FRC Team?  

Actually that was a car that I had: A 1974 Ford Thunderbird. I would get up to about 80+ miles per hour and put her in neutral miles outside of town and coast into the town of Galesburg, Michigan. It would coast a long ways...One day somebody said: Thunder Chicken Coast to Coast; meaning it could coast forever....from coast to coast.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts