Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smartykat

Can Anyone Help Interpret Celiac Genetics Results?

Hello, everyone, this is my first time posting in the forums, but I have found so much useful information on celiac.com that I feel confident in asking for help.  I have been a long time sufferer of IBS-D, but my GI doctor wanted to test for celiac because I have so many symptoms of the disease, and my flare ups are almost completely under control when I'm on a gluten-free diet.  I had a celiac genetics test done through Quest, which was sent out to UCLA, and the results are a bit confusing:

Locus

DNA Typing Result

NMDP Code

Comments

Allele

Allele

DQB1*

03:ACBGS

06:ABXCF

High risk antigen HLA-DQ2 ABSENT

High risk antigen HLA-DQ8 ABSENT

DQA1*

02:01

01:ARSW

02:01

I can see that I was negative for DQ2 & DQ8, which most likely means it's not celiac, but I am interested to know if I might have any of the other antigens that may indicate gluten sensitivity (DQ1, etc.)  I did have a blood test done prior to this, which was negative, but also showed I was IGA deficient so my doctor said it was no good.  For that test I had to do a gluten challenge for 6 weeks because I had been on a gluten-free diet.  I went back on the gluten-free diet after the blood test so there is really nothing else that can be done at this point.

I am fine not being diagnosed with celiac or gluten sensitivity.  I know how luten makes me feel, and after 30+ years of suffering I am so relieved to find a simple solution that works for me!  I do have children with GI issues, though, so having any information to help them would be fantastic.  If anyone can make sense of the alleles in this lab result, I really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter