Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitefairy30

Genetic Hla Question

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. 

I have a genetic HLA test done. 

I carry the gene DBQ1*0201.

Reading over internet I found that is a gene that predispose to celiacs disease.  Doctor said NO because I have only this gene, but not the alfa chain. 

I'm not sure that gluten isn't a problem for me because I had for decades so many symptoms celiac related: diarrhea, constipation, extreme bloating after eat, abdominal pain, eczema, chronic sinusitis, intollerance at yeasts (tested anti asca igg weak positive but iga negative). I have fear to have crohn's because of positive anti asca but doc said I don't have crohns (my blood test was ok and the ultrasound of the ileum was ok; I don't had a colonoscopy). 

In 2011 I had a positive lactose intollerance test but was negative for TTG test for celiacs. 

In 2013 I had 2 bad flare up with diarreha and positive calprotectin. I cut off all gluten, I only eat 2 slices of spelt bread at day. I began a paleo like diet and improved a lot.

Last months I done a stool test, that came out positive for anti gliadin iga at 51. For curiosity I done a blood test for iga and igg anti gliadin but came out negative. 

With my genetics can I have gluten sensitivity? 

The negative blood test can be because I eat only a little gluten ? 

Should try a gluten free total diet ? 

Thanks. 

Whitefairy - diagnosed with Dq2 celiac gene (DBQ1*0201.), suffering with IBS and SIBO. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well.....your doctor is wrong...that is a Celiac gene and one that can present with more severe cases of it.  :rolleyes:

Stool testing is not valid for diagnosing Celiac Disease.  Sorry, but it is not recognized by any Celiac expert or organization.  Many people test negative on the blood testing and then have positive biopsies so having a negative test does not rule the disease out.  Is it possible to have a complete Celiac panel done?  If not, then a strict dietary trial would be helpful to see if your symptoms go away.  But you definitely have the genetics for developing Celiac Disease.

Join eNewsletter

It's OK to go gluten free without a positive diagnosis BUT it's a committment so.....NO CHEATING!  ;)

You actually do not know if you really do have Celiac or not but if you have the genetics to trigger for it, and you do, I would be serious about following the diet.  With your history and gene testing results, there is a good chance you do.  Good luck with the diet and let us know how it goes!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter