Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quirozson

Briessweet™ White Sorghum Syrups

What are people's experiences?  

I understand it is gluten free, but it seems to be made in the same commercial facility that is used to make gluten containing malts and extracts.  I'd find it hard to believe that a facility that malts wheat and barley would be able to make a gluten free product safe for someone with celiac...?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Maybe you should actually talk to the company? Ask some questions? Looking at the website, it looks like they are very aware of what it means to be gluten-free, but if you don't trust that... You would need to ask them for more specifics.

Maybe find some made by a local farmer? That way you can talk to them and they probably don't make anything else on the machines/ pots that they cook the syrup in.

Join eNewsletter

Maybe you should actually talk to the company? Ask some questions? Looking at the website, it looks like they are very aware of what it means to be gluten-free, but if you don't trust that... You would need to ask them for more specifics.

Maybe find some made by a local farmer? That way you can talk to them and they probably don't make anything else on the machines/ pots that they cook the syrup in.

Very aware of what it means to be gluten free but not willing/interested in getting certified by Gluten Intolerance Group or similar organization.  I will email them, but i'm really looking for some real world experience rather than a legal safeguard of an answer like we all get from the Whole Foods deli people, "while we take careful precautions we can not guarantee... "  I'll email the company, but in the meantime if anyone has brewed with it and had/ not had a reaction, please share.  Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Their "Contact Us" page leads to a dead link.  However, I've been drinking my homebrew made with it and It makes my ears pop, eyes dry, makes me tired, and possibly a bit of gas.  Despite not wanting to admit it's gluten, I'm not drinking anymore because it makes me feel not so good...  I'm "very" sensitive.  So if you know you're not too sensitive feel free to try, but...  buyer beware.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter