Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fran641

Cough, Cold, Mucus Badddd

Four weeks ago I started with allergies that brought on a small wet cough, sinus drainage then the big bomb hit. My bowel has been torn up with all the mucus. Using over the counter Musinex and it has helped sinus and cough but nothing seems to calm down the bowel. I take Immodium and drink lots of water to no avail. I am gluten-free and very careful. Boy oh boy I am so miserable. I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

Fran

Diagnosed Dec. 2008

Diagnosed with follicular Non Hodgkin Lymphoma Sept. 2010

Large B cell lymphoma 2011

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long have you had D so severe that immodium isn't helping? If it has gone on for more than a couple days a trip to the doctor may be in order. You want to make sure that you haven't picked up a case of food poisoning or another nasty bug. I say this because the only time I had severe D that immodium didn't help was when I got salmonella and had to have a course of antibiotics to get it to resolve. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

My kid was sick for 6 weeks with symptoms you described. Our neighbor, an ER doctor said it was just a long lasting virus. Kid coughed all night. Allergy meds really helped her sleep and to stop mucus production that was running down her throat. Just a suggestion......

Hope you recover soon!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Thanks so much Raven and Cycling. Raven, The D does calm down with the immodium but returns the next day. I am seeing my doc tomorrow and will talk to her about it. Cycling I have just assumed it was allergies. Thanks and I will mention that to my doc too. I only suffered with this mucus in the bowel before I was diagnosed with celiac. Hopefully the doc will have a recommendation. The surgeon that found celiac is out of town but he is my intestinal guru. I'll call him next week if it is still acting up. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. Take care.

Fran

Diagnosed Dec. 2008

Diagnosed with follicular Non Hodgkin Lymphoma Sept. 2010

Large B cell lymphoma 2011

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston